Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More
The simple truth is that most of us want to go faster on our bikes. Sure, you could train. But you could also just upgrade to a lighter wheelset…
To help you with your quest to go faster, Bikerumor has teamed up with Hunt Wheels to give away a pair of Hunt’s new 25 Carbon Gravel Race Wheels, a wheelset that retails for $1159!
Hunt says that this wheelset was designed to offer control and speed for the fastest gravel rides. Tubeless, ETRTO-compliant hookless rims, laced to a reliable, fast-engaging Sprint SL hub make for a system that Hunt wants you to know, is “ready to face any race day conditions.”
Photo c. Hunt Wheels
This wheelset is a race-focused, hookless wheelset that “is built to offer versatility for the harshest and steepest days”.
The wheelset is laced to Hunt’s lighter, race-ready Sprint SL hubs with Pillar spokes. These hubs offer 7.5-degree engagement.
“We chose the top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement PSR XTRA models. These butted blade aero spokes are lighter but also provide a greater degree of elasticity to maintain tensions longer and add fatigue resistance. PSR spokes feature the 2.2 width at the spoke head providing more material in this high-stress area. The nipples come with a hex head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key which is why all HUNT wheels are hand-built.”
Hunt says this is a light, versatile wheelset that was built with race day in mind. Saying that the Sprint SL hubs, feature the same strength and power transfer but in a lower-weight package. Their thought was that this could result in more direct power transferred to the rear wheel.
The wheelset is highly adaptable with swappable caps allowing you to use whatever axle standard your bike comes with.
*Please note that these wheels will not work with older 15mm front road/gravel TA standards.*
- Rims | Asymmetric disc-specific hookless/straight-sidewall rim profile. ETRTO-compliant tubeless rims. Hookless (what does this mean?).
- Tires | 26mm internal rim width, Tubeless-ready for lower weight & rolling resistance, featuring H_LOCK bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation. Hookless rims require the use of tubeless tires. (Please always refer to your tire manufacturer’s guidelines on pressure, rim width, and hookless compatibility).
- Hubs | New Sprint SL straight-pull hubs. 15mm diameter 6066-T6 body and axle for supreme strength-to-weight. Circular dropout interface steps for added security in fitment. 3x treble-tooth pawls, resulting in just 7.5˚ engagement. Steel spline inserts to protect the cassette body.
- Axles | Easily adaptable & we fit them for you. Fit all current axle sizes and are easy to change; Front – QR, Bolt thru 12/9mm, Rear – QR, Bolt thru 12×142, 12×135, 10×135.
- Included | Tubeless tape & valves, spare spokes, axle adapters (please fill in the simple form after checkout to select your required size).
- See the full specs here
- Weight | 1380g
Retails for $1159 but get yours by entering your email below!
Sorry, this contest is no longer available.
RULES: By submitting your response, you agree to these rules, terms & conditions: Only one entry per person. Multiple entries from the same person will disqualify that person. All participants must provide a valid email address, as that is how HUNT Wheels will contact the winner(s). All entrants’ email addresses may be added to the email newsletter/marketing lists for Bikerumor.com and HUNT Wheels . Any emails sent from either party will contain “unsubscribe” options. The sweepstakes close just before midnight (11:59pm) PST on Saturday, September 10th, 2022. The winner (s) will be selected at random and the results are final. Winner(s) will have one week from the date of notification of winning to respond, after which HUNT Wheels and/or Bikerumor.com reserve the right to choose an alternate winner, and the original winner forfeits all rights to any prize(s).